Monday, July 31, 2006

derbys challenge

our entry into kitty songs

set to the tune of John Anderson's "Swingin"

"There's a little girl in our neighborhood
Her name is Baby Salem and she's really lookin good
I had to go and see her, so I called her on the phone
I walked over to her house, and this was goin' on
Derby was on the sofa eatin chocolate pie
Brandi was in the kitchen cuttin' chicken up to fry
Chatham was in the backyard rollin' up a garden hose
I was on the porch with Salem feelin love down to my toes

Chorus

And we were swingin'
Yes we were swingin'
Little Salem she's as pretty
As the angels when they sing
I can't believe I'm out here
On the front porch in this swing
Just a-swingin'
(Instrumental)
(Chorus)
Now Salem's she's a darlin', she's the apple of my eye
And when I'm on the swing with her it makes me almost high
And Salemis my lover and she has been since the spring
I just can't believe it started on her front porch
in this swing

5 comments:

The Meezers said...

what a great song!!

Feline Oligarchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »