Wednesday, February 23, 2011


momma was playin wiff my paws tha other day and felt sumthing funny. sissy camed ofur and momma rolled me on my back and sissy luked at tha paw pad. there was sum growth thereand gotted it off. it tuk awhile. then last nyte beans thawt to luk at tha other paws and saw the same thing on my ofur front paw pad. she really luked this tyme and went and got tha pet nail cutters down. she showed momma and held me and momma cut very gently and i no whined or anything. it luks lyk i had a dew (?) claw on my front paws, turned arownd and wuz trying to grow into tha pad. they got it good and will keep an eye on me. my back paws are fine (nothing there) and i nefur acted lyk my paw hurt. all tha ofurs here are getting checked owt too....raven

4 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

If we do not get Gemini's claws soon enough they try to grow into her pads. We clip her nails every two weeks because of that.

Ayla, Iza, and Marley said...

That hasnt happened ta US, but TBT amambers how the Winter Kitty of his Parent's had those alla time (too many toes). So he hadda keep after those claws alla time he visited...

Debra Taylor said...

Raven, I hope it continues to be nothing. Nobody deserves this sort of fright.

For other folks (all kitties and doggies are people to me) reading this, check out my blog. It has stories and information helpful for cat caretakers everywhere. Get your ‘beans to check it out!

Hey, wonderful pets, stay well!

Debby

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

Teri and the cats of Curlz and Swirlz said...

Hi...we came over here after visiting Orion and Junior. If those little growths on your pads are 'horny' like and in the front sort of below the claw...they are pretty common in cats and are called hyperkeratosis and they can be clipped off and typically don't bleed. There are some theories that they are related to yeast overgrowth. I have had cats with them and they went away with repeated clipping. Maybe from immune stimulation? As long as the rest of the footpads look normal, just keep an eye on them and clip off as needed.